International law firm Clifford Chance has launched Create+65, an initiative to identify, incubate, test and pilot new legal technology solutions to enhance the firm’s, and the wider industry’s, service offering to clients. Supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) and in collaboration with Future Law Innovation Programme (FLIP) by the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), Create+65 will bring together venture capitalists, start-ups, product owners and developers, universities and private institutions to share knowledge and develop and test new legal services tools and solutions for real-life business challenges.
Create+65 will be part of the firm’s Innovation and Best Delivery Hub for Asia Pacific based in Singapore, and will play an important role in the firm’s global innovation programme focused on fostering ideas through collaboration, Clifford Chance Create. The launch of Create+65 will add further momentum to the firm’s pursuit of new technologies that have the potential to create significant value for clients and to evolve traditional law firm operating models.
Singapore Managing Partner Kai Schneider said, “We are very excited to be working with FLIP and start-ups to promote the latest thinking, methodologies and technology across the industry and challenge enshrined industry norms. In line with Singapore’s aspiration to be at the forefront of technology and innovation in the legal sector, Create+65 builds on our ongoing commitment to contribute to an ecosystem of collaboration and innovation as we anticipate the increasing pace of change.”
Subject to their position in the innovation cycle, participants who are invited to join Create+65 would have access to:
- Insights from Clifford Chance and their clients on problem areas and opportunities where new technology solutions could be used to transform the way legal services are delivered
- Feedback and mentoring from Clifford Chance and our clients on ideas and services that are in either conceptual or early stage development
- ‘Cleaned’ data sets to help develop test solutions
- Connect with potential investment and/or funding vehicles
- Link up with other innovators to co-create
- A collaborative workspace
- Partner with Clifford Chance on developing a new legal technology solution to be rolled out to selected offices in the global network